Heute ist die erste offizielle Version der beliebten Ice Cream Sandwich ROM auch für das Galaxy S erschienen. Zwar gibt es schon seit ein paar Wochen erste ROMs, welche aber bisher von findigen XDA-Devs aus dem Source-Code kompiliert oder vom Nexus S portiert wurden. Die offizielle Version unterstützt nun alle Funktionen, welche man bereits von den anderen Geräten kannte.
Update: Heute ist Build 27-22 für das Galaxy S erschienen. Einen Changelog gibt es bislang nicht. Zum Dowload kommt ihr mit einem Klick auf folgenden Button:
wipe data/factory reset in recovery — a must if coming from a stock-based ROM
login to google
5. Best way to restore apps with Titanium Back up?
Open TiBu. Click the 3 dots, then More, Create „update.zip.“ Name it or keep it as update.zip. Flash the ROM, gapps and BEFORE rebooting, Then mount /system, Choose install zip, and select the zip you created. Reboot, skip Google sign-in, and you should see TiBu in the app drawer.
6. Weather isn’t showing up
Enable „Google’s location service“ in the Location Services control panel, or set a custom location. Enable weather in rom control. Enter Zip Code, then „Get weather.“
7. What’s the difference between 22 and M3? See the changelog: AOKP Changes
8. Can’t hear the voice dialer prompts on bluetooth
9. Market says apps „Not compatible with this device” or “My apps” says something isn’t installed but it is?
Could be your Pixel Density: Settings/Rom control/general UI should be 320. Clear market data.
10. The call screen buttons are on the side of screen, instead of the bottom
Go to Settings/Display/Auto-rotate screen
11. Only half the screen shows on calls
Try disabling infinite scroll. Nova Menu/ Desktop/ Infinite Scroll
12. My Maps/ Market/ Gmail stopped working.
Fix permissions in CWM. Uninstall maps updates/clear cache and data.
13. I’m getting bugmailer reporting a crash or bug
This feature, if included in the ROM, is accessed by pressing both the volume keys and the power button at the same time. It is difficult to know where this comes from because it doesn’t show immediately. Also, it will vibrate a few times quickly when it is compiled, but ONLY if the screen is on and UNLOCKED. If you just happen to trigger it when turning the screen on briefly to check the time, the report will be triggered, but won’t appear until the next time you unlock the phone after it has compiled. It is a developer feature so that devs can allow users to easily send bug reports on-demand. The ROM developer can include an email address there to send it to or if they don’t, it just fills in your email address since it assumes you want it for yourself.
14. Some Google Apps are missing
Voice, Videos, Currents, Maps, Google+: Not going to be included since they’re in the Market, and distributing region-locked apps is prohibited. If your country/carrier dosen’t allow them, use Market Enabler.
Wallet: Won’t be included since it’s a commercial product (legal issues)
Car Home: not stock. Google hasn’t released an ICS version. They’ve been messing around with it since 2.2. You can copy the APK out of gapps-gb-20110828.
Phonesky/Market: Renamed to Vending.apk to go with the old pre-ICS naming convention. It might be named back to Phonesky.apk in the next pack.
ThinkFree: Nobody seems to know. Nothing seems to be dependent on it so it was excluded.
TagGoogle: Tag.apk (part of AOSP) fulfills the same function, apparently. It’s not included so that non-NFC devices won’t malfunction.
LatinIMEDictionarypack: The ROM should supply this, or an equivalent.
CalendarGoogle: Not needed thanks to the sync adapter in the GApps pack.
Keep in mind, this pack is multi-ROM, multi-device, multi-build compatible. It’s designed to work on any device and any ROM running ICS, including AOKP, CM9, RootzBoat, etc. It’s also supposed to be used globally, so it won’t include region-specific items (Google Voice/Music/Videos etc)
Roman Birg adds, “it’s your phone, use whichever gapps package you want. But please don’t submit bugs if you’re using different ones or encouraging users to do the same. When you use different gapps package than the tested ones, you’re essentially changing the whole base of the ROM. Other gapps packages add and remove apks randomly. It might work, but that’s not the point.
I’ve changed what’s in the base ROM so it complements the gapps package perfectly so you have everything you need.”
15. How do I enable power button as camera button?
Camera/ Settings (left side, to the right of zoom slider) 3 Settings buttons on left/ Power shutter. To use: Start camera, long press power button
16. I’m having trouble configuring Google Voice as your voicemail service
17. When I flash the ROM I get a Status 7 error (assert failed: getprop(„ro.product.device“) == „toro“ || getprop(„ro.build.product“) == „toro“ E:Error in /sdcard/ (Status 7) Installation aborted.
Make sure you are using the latest CWMR. Check MD5.
18. Owner information (Security Settings) not showing up on lock screen
Owner information won’t show up if you have the battery percent on the lockscreen.
19. I’m getting 2 notifications for each text
Apps/ Messaging/ Menu/ Settings/ Notifications/ Uncheck: Display message notifications in status bar
20. I’m getting error „System has been denied super user access“
Start the Superuser app. You should see the „system“ entry (with our pink unicorn) in the „Denied“ section. Tap on it, then tap on the reverse-mode icon (the icon to the left of the trash bin). This will put system in the allowed list. Or Superuser auto-response is set to deny? Click on the wrench, Then Automatic Response. Make sure you are not on „Deny“.
21. I want to install a new Boot Animation
Use ES File Explorer, Copy to /data/local/. Then it won’t be replaced when you flash a newer ROM or kernel
22. The „Recents“ apps are side by side instead of along the right side
Enable horizontal recents window is checked: ROM Control / General UI / Horizontal recents window
24. I want Quick-torch
Rom Control/ Lockscreen Options/ Enable fast torch. With screen off, long-press power button to turn on, release to turn off
25. „Long-press power button to turn on Quick-torch“ doesn’t work
With screen off, hold the power button down for several seconds. If that doesn’t work, try pressing the power button 3 times quickly, hold it down the 3rd time. If you do not have a security lock, lockscreen toggles actvate the normal torch. Also try disabling then re-enabling.
26. SDM wakelock is killing the battery. It won’t let the phone deep sleep
Freeze it with titanium backup, rename it or delete it. SDM.apk is in /system/app. SDM is Samsung’s data module updater. It periodically goes online to check for updates and gathers troubleshooting information. The wake_lock/ battery life issue are because it never gets the proper kill command from the system after an update check. More info HERE.
28. I keep losing my 3g or 4g data. I have done several fresh installs with data/system wipes to no avail.
Might be Juice Defender. Restore your settings.
31. Where do I get the stock Phase beam Live wallpaer? Here
39. I get a black semi transparent box over the picture when adding a contact to home screen
its the inverted contacts/dialer[/toggle_box]
Ein Kernel mit CWM (Custom Recovery) muss installiert sein
Ein NANDROID Backup wird empfohlen
Das Handy zurücksetzen (wipe data/factory Reset im Recovery Menü)